Monday, August 20th, 2018 by Ellen Cagnassola
Ever notice that your hair feels weird and very dry after a shower? You may have hard water. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, it is estimated that more than 85% of the water used by consumers in the US can be classified at some level of “hard” water. Soap is not as effective in hard water because it reacts to the excess minerals to from calcium or magnesium salts. The hard water prevents moisture from penetrating your hair and skin.
Ways to save your hair from hard water
1. Buy a Water Right Water Conditioning System (free estimate link) https://www.pipeworksservices.com/water-conditioning.html
2. Apple Cider Vinegar is the best for hair. Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 3 cups of water. After shampooing, massage this mixture on to your hair. (unpleasant smell)
3. Another option is to use bottled mineral/spring water for final rinse. (inconvenient)
4. Rain Water - This sounds like a chore.
5. Use a leave in conditioner in your hair. I hope you have thick hair because this will take the volume out of your hairstyle.
our service area