We provide fast, expert tune-ups and inspections for all makes and models
Many homeowners don’t think about their furnaces for much of the year, only to be frustrated when they go to turn it on in the fall and find a problem.
Pipe Works Services can help you avoid this situation with our furnace inspection and maintenance.
Regular furnace maintenance is essential to ensuring that your system works correctly when you need it. By getting a professional inspection from our experts, you can be sure that you don’t need any major repairs or replacements.
What to expect from your furnace maintenance appointment
A furnace system requires annual service and maintenance to make sure it performs as it should.
Even if your furnace appears to be working properly, it’s smart to schedule a furnace service appointment. The furnace inspection and maintenance work performed by one of our experienced HVAC technicians will ensure safe, efficient operation and help prolong the life of your heating system.
- Visual Inspection: Your technician will check not only the furnace but also the fuel line, flue pipe, main plenum, and ductwork.
- Combustion Safety: It’s important to make sure that your furnace is venting correctly, with no danger of combustion gases getting into your living space.
- Filter Check: A dirty filter will be replaced or cleaned. When air filters become clogged with dirt, dust, pet dander, and other particulates, airflow is reduced and system efficiency plummets. The HVAC tech will also confirm the proper filter size and type. Filters should be replaced at least once every season — more often if the family has pets or a remodeling project underway.
- Furnace Cleaning: Removing carbon, soot and other combustion byproducts from the burner and combustion chamber helps to promote more efficient operation.
- Blower Check: By listening to your system’s blower and performing a visual inspection, your HVAC specialist will be able to determine if there’s a bearing or balance problem.
- System Check: Part of the service includes running the furnace and blower to confirm that the thermostat is working correctly, and that warm air is being delivered to your living space.
- Occupant Issues: Let your technician know if certain parts of the house are colder or draftier than others. Our experts are trained to identify other factors that affect home comfort and energy efficiency. Even if your furnace is working perfectly, your house may have insulation, air leakage, or ductwork conditions that impact comfort and energy efficiency (see sidebar).
Get complete furnace service and maintenance today
If you’ve had any issues with your heating system, Pipe Works Services can provide you with the right furnace solutions for your needs. We service all types of systems but specialize in Lennox products, and we can keep your furnace running optimally whenever you need it.