The most important thing missing from this A/C infographic is humidity = misery, not to mention BAD HAIR!
Your home is your oasis and comfort are not a luxury, it’s a necessity in a New Jersey summer. You cannot run at full efficiency without proper maintenance for your air conditioning unit. With Mother’s Day around the corner, we are running a special offer until May 30th, 2018, Our “Is Your Mom Cool” campaign is in full swing, check it out.
Routinely replace or clean your air filters — it can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5-15 percent.
- Check your air conditioner’s evaporator coil every year and clean it as necessary.
- If your coil fins are bent, use a “fin comb” to straighten them.
- If you have a split system, be sure to clean debris and leaves from the fan, compressor, and condenser.
- Occasionally pass a stiff wire through your unit’s drain channels to prevent clogs.
- For window air conditioners, inspect the window seals to keep cool air from escaping.
- Hire a certified professional when your unit needs more than basic maintenance.